Green Team Youth Corps
- We work on environmental projects including park maintenance and beautification, trail work, neighborhood canvassing, community service projects, project maintenance, and habitat restoration;
- We participate in training, such as classroom learning or educational field trips, exploring ways in which water resources and urban ecosystems interact and contribute to biodiversity, human health, and the economy;
- We serve as ambassadors to the community by giving presentations to communicate the importance of the environment to residents and community stakeholders;
- We have fun! There will be several opportunities to recreate or play throughout the summer such as kayaking, hiking, and more.
Green Team Info Sessions
Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Emmit Reed Community Center 1093 W 6th St. Jacksonville, FL 32209
Thursday, January 24, 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Hollybrook Apartment Community Center 104 Kings St. Jacksonville, FL 32204
Thursday, February 7, 2019, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm @ Vision Keepers of New Town Edward Waters Campus 1401 Grunthal Street Jacksonville, FL 32209
Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Kennedy Community Center 1133 Ionia St. Jacksonville, FL 32206
We are Green Team!
We are teens ages 13-18.
We live, attend school, or places of worship in Northshore, Brentwood, Norwood, Brooklyn, New Town, Durkeeville, Phoenix, Downtown, LaVilla, Sugar Hill, College Gardens, Eastside, North Riverside, Lackawanna, Mixon Town, Springfield, Fairfield, Panama Park, Pearl Court, Tallyrand, Robinson’s Addition, and Long Branch or zipcodes 32202, 32204, 32206, 32208, 32209, 32254.
Where do I send my transcript?
Snail Mail: Groundwork Jacksonville, P.O. Box 13295 Jacksonville, FL 32206. Completed applications and official transcript must be received by Friday, March 8, 2019. Don’t wait until the last minute to mail - be sure to mail your completed application and transcript no later than Monday, March 4th so that all required documents are received by Groundwork Jacksonville by March 8th.
Hand delivered: In person at the Groundwork Jacksonville office: Completed applications and official transcript can be dropped off in person by Friday, March 8, 2019, by 6:00 pm. Be sure you deliver to a Groundwork Jacksonville employee. Our office is located on the Florida State College of Jacksonville Downtown campus at:
101 W State St, Building A, First Floor, Room A1003, Jacksonville, FL 32202
2019 Green Team Youth Corps Summer Apprenticeship
The application for the 2019 Green Team summer apprenticeship is now available!
The Green Team Youth Corps offers teens the opportunity to earn money for their education while earning community service hours. We spend the summer exploring Jacksonville's outdoors. Youth apprentices will also meet professionals in science, technology, engineering, art, and math fields. Above all, they make new friends and create positive community change.
Twenty (20) youth apprentices between the ages of 13-18 will be selected.
Most importantly, to be eligible, teens must live, attend schools, or places of worship within the neighborhoods of:
Northshore, Brentwood, Norwood, Brooklyn, New Town, Durkeeville, Phoenix, Downtown, LaVilla, Sugar Hill, College Gardens, Eastside, North Riverside, Lackawanna, Mixon Town, Springfield, Fairfield, Panama Park, Pearl Court, Talleyrand, Robinson’s Addition, and Long Branch, or zip codes 32202, 32204, 32206, 32208, 32209, 32254.
Over four years, we have taken on multiple projects along or within the Emerald Necklace urban neighborhoods. For example, Green Team apprentices host community cleanups, plant trees, build community gardens, install pollinator gardens and bioswales, create public art projects, and much more.
Nominate a youth today so they can experience how changing places changes lives.
Important Application Dates
Applications open Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Application deadline is Friday, March 8, 2019, at 7:00 pm
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Information Session Dates
- Tue. Jan 15, 2019, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Emmit Reed Community Center - 1093 W 6th 32209
- Thurs. January 17, 2019, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Edward Waters College - 1401 Grunthal St. 32209
- Thurs. Jan 24, 2019, 6:00-8:00pm
- Hollybrook Apartments - 104 King St. 32204
- Tue. Feb 12, 2019, 6:00-8:00pm
- Kennedy Community Center - 1133 Ionia St. 32206
Click the links to download.
- What does it mean to be a Green Team summer apprenticeship nominator?
- Nominator checklist
- Nominee checklist
- PDF Application
Office Address (DO NOT MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS):
101 W. State St. Bldg. A, RM 1003
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Groundwork Jacksonville, Inc.
P.O. Box 13295 Jacksonville, FL 32206
Ready to submit your 2019 Green Team application?
Click the button to fill in the online form and submit today. Don't forget to mail in or hand-deliver your official transcript before Friday, March 8th at 7:00 pm.